Thursday, January 20, 2011

Sometimes my mind wanders... and so does todays blog

Yet another Doctor appointment today.. two hours of waiting for a CAT scan.. this was at the cancer institute in Scummerline. While they were there they cancel their appointments with the old Oncologist Dr Whitehead.. Dad calls him Dr Pimple.. (See why I call them the Teenagers?)

We are getting excited about the week of mayhem and fun.. The list is growing! NFP is coming to hang one night also! Her last visit was today and so she is free to socialize without conflict..


   
Now I just have to plan the menu's for all those nights.. wash and iron the finger towels for the bathrooms.. Make the seating arrangements for each meal..  Give all the beds fresh, wrinkle free linens.. buy mints for all pillows.. Polish the silver... take the rugs out and beat them..
So much to do!

Dad has a taken on a great attitude.. His goal everyday is to find the good things in life.. Simple or complex it is amazing how many good things are out there just waiting for us to find and appreciate them.. 


01_unterthiner_fred0
I know it makes him happy when his kids call.. and if they aren't calling.. he is bragging to anyone who will listen, about how great all his kids are..

4 comments:

  1. Be sure to vote on who is dad's favorite.. the poll is on the upper right of todays blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. I vote for bella as dad's favorite child...she is always here...and never give him any flack...and she purrrrrrs all the time.....

    ReplyDelete
  3. So not fair. Of course Rachael is still the favorite. No one has been able to top the Andrea concert yet (and Bella shouldn't be on the nomination list--she's a grandchild)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I tried to vote more than once but it won't let me! I thought I would have had a chance, I guess I will have to find an other way to cheat (of course that side of me was inherited from mom!).

    ReplyDelete