Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Sucks no matter how you say it.

This morning Sarah flew in..
Mom went to the Hospice and us kids went to pick her up.


Hugs. Nice.
 We grabbed a bite then off to see Mom and Dad.. But Dad was pretty out of it.
They have him on some heavy drugs.. The nurse asked him yesterday if he wanted some pain and to be a little more awake... or no pain and lots of blissful sleep.. He chose zero pain..

He wakes only to hiccup and sip water. 
He doesn't know who is in the room or if he is left solo... Heartbreaking for all of us..
His system is starting to shut down. The nurse says he won't have to suffer much longer.

2 comments:

  1. the only reason i find any peace in all this is because grandpa has lived a beautiful extraordinary life and has had the most amazing family to lean on throughout all of it. He has traveled the world and seen everything he ever wanted. Heaven will show him more than he ever could have imagined and I know he will have family there to greet him with open arms as well. i love and miss him so much and it tears me up i havent been able to see or talk to him and i probably won't before he goes. but hes always been my grandpa and taught me so much and gave me so much love. i remember him trying to teach me to drive his red truck when i was like 6. i remember him coming home from work to eat lunch with me and grandma at the old house..... and ill always remember his loooooong stories!! grandpa i love you sooooooooo much!!!!!! life is too short but we will all reunite in the end...


    love ashli

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bob can always see the beauty in his life and it shows in his photography and the way he lives his life. This much he taught me in the short times I spent with him... look at things differently, there's always something beautiful to see. This gift helped me get through some tough times, and I attribute one special day to him. In despair I looked around me for something to hang on to. It was a winter tree covered in ice in the early morning light. It was my crystal tree, and I made it through that day. If his pain fogs that vision, I can see how he would choose to be less awake. Jesus is waiting for a special soul to arrive with open arms and unconditional love. I cry for his pain and suffering and I rejoice in the fact he will soon be home. He'll always be beside his beautiful bride. He has loved one's on this side, and the other to help him through this transition. I just wish it didn't have to be so hard.

    ReplyDelete