Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Sometimes it just too hard

I know I haven't been consistent lately on reporting via this blog.

Thing is, when I started this blog I wanted to proudly show how strong my Dad is, even when facing the ugly reality of terminal cancer.
Keep everyone updated on the awful truth about Bobs cancer.
I guess sometimes the the truth is too awful.

He used to read this blog and it would amuse him.
He is too tired now to even care.
He won't eat it hurts.
The nurse said we shouldn't force him. Mom has to fight the nurture in herself to grant him that.

I keep my visits with him short, he tries to be social but it is a struggle. (It was a small victory yesterday when I made him smile... saying something totally inappropriate.. it was short lived.)

Mom is not comfortable leaving him home alone at all anymore. I agree.. we make sure that he always has one of us near.

I knew when I started writing, this time would come. It is as hard as I imagined, and then some.

Yes I will keep everyone updated.. And I am sure I will continue to be me.. snarky, sarcastic and caustic.
Just not today.


4 comments:

  1. Your Dad looks so handsome!
    Thank you for sharing all this time.
    I'm sorry for the pain that you are all going through.
    My prayers are with your father and his wonderful family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Martha what great words that will be ever reminding of the days you go through. I give you strength and lots of love to get your family through this time.
    love
    amy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Shhhh....Amy, Rachael does the blog.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am sure Marti shares my thoughts.
    She calls Mom everyday! She is a good daughter to both Mom and Dad.
    Rachael

    ReplyDelete