Thursday, December 9, 2010

Las Vegas ran out of palm trees.

How did it become the 9th of December already?
I had a great plan to buy a little palm tree for a Xmas tree, plant it in the yard after the Holidays. Not to be, Las Vegas ran out of palm trees :(
So after checking every nursery in the area, Mom and I gave up on the idea, and went looking for artificial ones.
Hey! Who knew that they were so expensive??.. if I am going to spend $200 on a decoration, I better be able to look at it all year.
 Mom dragged me to Goodwill, just to see. I waited in the car.. (Running low on purell)
Moments later she appeared at the car window and announced she just got us a tree. It is really a nice looking tree.

Bella welcomed the indoor greenery.


Why does this taste so funny?

We are now officially ready for Christmas. We have stockings and everything! Just waiting for family and friends.
Obviously, it's not the tallest tree on the block.

Mom helped me with the lights.

Dad fixing the lights.



Job well done.



Ah Teenager love.. aint it sweet?!


3 comments:

  1. Ah...Thanks for sharing the "sweet" pictures! put a lump in my throat.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Saturday is a Day to Forget All About the "C" Word!

    About two months ago Rachael heard that mom and dad’s favorite music artist was going to be in Las Vegas. She checked into getting concert tickets for them thinking all seven kids could pitch in and buy them the tickets for their Christmas present. When she heard the “cheap tickets” were $300.00 each and the “good tickets” were $800.00 each, she thought, “no way are we going to get them to the concert at those prices”.


    Rachael knows how much they love listening to Andrea Bocelli and wanted to find a way to get them to the concert. So with the tenacity she inherited from her parents she wrote this letter to the higher powers to be, at the official website of Andrea Bocelli.....


    Dear sirs,
    I have never tried anything like this and forgive me if it is tacky....I just noted that Mr. Bocelli will be appearing in Las Vegas this December I wanted to get tickets for two great fans.. my parents...but I find that I cannot afford them.
    They have been married for over 50 years still hold hands, just because, and get all mushy when they hear Andreas' music.
    They have 7 children whom they support no matter what. They left their Church when 3 of their kids came out gay.
    They're retired, and put all plans on hold to take care of my aging Grandparents, who have recently passed...one then the other
    I don't know if you even give tickets away or have contests or what...I just want to make two of the most giving people happy, and to see Mr. Bocelli would do the trick.. just asking I figured it couldn't hurt
    Thanks in advance for any consideration.


    Here is what Alessia Navarino answered:
    I'm contacting you from Andrea Bocelli's management office We are glad to give you 2 tickets for your parents. Hope we will make them happy..


    Thank You Rachael!
    You are giving two special people, in all of our lives, a very special day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just goes to show.. It never hurts to ask!

    Good Job Raych :)

    ReplyDelete