Friday, July 15, 2011

Every little bit helps.

Many of us have felt the joy of opening the mail box and finding a card from Mom.
It's not your birthday or Christmas, a random Tuesday.
Yay! A check, just because!
It's from Mom!
I get annoyed when I see celebrities showing us what do gooders they are.

What's a camera crew? Why do I have to wait for them? I'm kinda  hungry now.
So yesterday the dude who has done odd jobs for the teenagers shows up at the door.
Minutes from eviction, he pleads for a odd job.
Mom, the bleeding heart, gives him enough cash to cover his rent and a extra twenty.
He has promised to scrape and paint the trim on the Sutter house.


"What if he is scamming you?" I ask.  Always the skeptic.
"What if he's not? Anyway I feel better knowing I have helped."
The guy gives most his money to the pharmaceutical companies helping keep his son with AIDS alive. 




Cost money to stay alive guys!
These are the lessons my parents are still teaching me...



No comments:

Post a Comment