Friday, June 24, 2011

When the sun goes down.

When we were kids, summer was the best.
No school. Warm sun, and the fourth of July!
Independence day was made for sparklers! A stick of fiery bling in small hands.

This week all the fireworks are displayed front and center in all the stores.
Placed just right so kids and fools like me will want to take home a box of fun!
I bought that two dollar six pack of sparklers.
I haven't lit one up in decades.

Around dusk last night I called the teenagers and asked if they wanted to join us in sparkler fun and margaritas*!

A big yes was the answer. Two minutes after it was dark they came over. Dad with a bucket of water in hand. (For red hot discarded wires. Safety first.)



Mom wasn't impressed. "Okay I am done."

Dad on the other hand.. "Can I have another?"
I think Mom came over for the margaritas.

Refreshing in that 100 degree night air.
Dad wanted to lite some more.
When we were kids he didn't get any, let the little ones have the fun.
Best two bucks I spent all month!



*Sans the Jose Cuervo


No comments:

Post a Comment