Sunday, June 19, 2011

Fathers Day. Christopher

Growing up i think every kid after one point or another utters the phrase "well, my dad can beat up your dad. 



 The difference with us Udell kids is that in most cases our dad could beat up their dad, their big brother, uncle, etc., Hell, bring it.  There are very few people dad could not have beaten up.  The difference is that we all also knew dad never would, well not unless they threatened his wife or kids.



Dad is the strongest man i know.  He is also the most caring and giving man I know.  Growing up, we all learned that you can show emotion and be strong.  So many people believe that showing your feelings make you weak.  Seeing dad proves those wrong.  I mean the guy falls off a roof and wants to finish the days work, but put him in front of a sad movie and see how he reacts.




Other guys were always intimidated by dad, but he never fooled the kids, any kid.  i remember in church all the little kids were always fascinated by dad and he would always smile or play hide and seek with them.



It says all about how we were raised that when we were thinking about doing something wrong it was not a matter of what will the punishment be.  But rather we were worried about disappointing mom and dad.  I know how luck I am, and I probably do not tell my parents enough, but I truly feel so lucky to be raised by the parents I was raised by.  It's so amazing to have had them raise us and teach us, and be able to let us make mistakes and let us grow, so that when we did become adults we could continue our relationship with them, always being their children but also being their friends and treated as such.







Mom, dad, I love you.  Happy fathers day



Topher

No comments:

Post a Comment