Sunday, May 29, 2011

I remember..

On this Memorial day, I thought I would post this picture.. I know many of my siblings haven't seen it.

Thanks to Cousin Brandi for making this.
 It's a great tribute to Grandma Ruby and her love for her God and Church. The stained glass that she gave generously to the American Fork Presbyterian Church.
Long before Grandma and Ken moved to American Fork I remember that church.
First when I was real young realizing it was not a Mormon Church, and wondering what kind of heathens went there.

Later as a preteen I had gone to services with Grandma in Port Orchard, WA. I was jealous, because I knew they had real grape juice, in little glass cups, not warm water in funny tasting papery cups for sacrament.
I knew the basement smelled of coffee and cookies!



I would walk by that church on my way to the library, always fascinated by who went there. Who was brave enough to be a Non-Mormon in Utah.
As a Teen I sat across the street and watched a film crew, they were making a silly little film. Footloose.

When Granny and Ken moved to Utah I finally found out what kind of folks went to that Church. The best kind of folks!
Sadly the only time I went inside was for her Memorial service.

Monday is also The Teenagers Grandsons high school Graduation

Wait.... I know he is Sarahs little boy, but......

But Chad looks so grown up.

Congradulations!

No comments:

Post a Comment