Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Step right up folks and enjoy the show!

This morning I woke at 7:30, stumble down the stairs, intent on making my coffee. I need my coffee....

Great quantities of yummy coffee.
Halfway to the kitchen, my sleep groggy head registers, something ain't right.
The house sounds are all wrong.
Still on auto pilot I start making my coffee.. The water is slow out of the tap.. Hum.
I'm pretty sure that the cat isn't taking a shower, but it sounds like the water is running.



Bella's last bath wasn't fun and games.

 I look in the garage, water heater is fine, step outside the back.. evidence of sprinklers running, but nothing flowing..

Wait... !!! It sounds like a herd of elephants are relieving themselves out front.
I peek over the fence, by the front door there is a geyser.
A mini Bellagio fountain show.. the pigeons acting as the sound track.


I swear there were some tourists watching from the driveway.
 Right by the source of airborne water there is a tap.. I dive in and twist.. Nothing..

Soaked, I head back to the garage and shut off the sprinkler system...
Nope, we are still watering the neighborhood.

Knowing that sometime in the past year I should have bothered to learn the location of the main water shut off.. and fearing the water police... (Vegas frowns on driveway car washing.) 
I call and wake up Dad... Cause Dad always knows what to do.


Hey Lady! Water doesn't just grow in the desert ya know!
He comes over and analyzes the situation and then shuts off the water main... (It's out on the front walk.. who knew??) 
A trip to Lowe's and some plumbing knowledge, the water is back on and the geyser show has been permanently shut down.


Go see Old Faithful.. she is still on time.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment